- Retaining existing clients and continuously improving the level of service delivery;
- Recruiting new clients with needs that are within the firm's existing specialised range;
- Sharpen the firm's existing specialists field;
- Keep abreast with new laws and technology locally as well as internationally;
- Serving clients over a wide spectrum of the population;
- To acquire skills and provide legal service over the whole spectrum of material property law;
- Provision of training to members of previously disadvantaged groups as professional attorneys, typists,receptionists, candidate attorneys, etc.
- To add value to the business of clients.
Since its establishment, Ehlers Fakude Incorporated has grown considerably and is currently made up of five directors and eighteen support staff.